1L Steel Suit Inflation and/or Argon Cylinder – 200bar. Popularly used with air but can also be used with argon.
- Valve: M18
- Working pressure: 200 bar
- Weight (empty): 1.68 kg
- Height (without valve): 28cm
- Diameter: 8cm
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DELIVERIES OUTSIDE OF UK MAINLAND:
Due to aviation regulations the cylinder and valve will be shipped disasembled. It will be the customers responsibility to have the cylinder and valve re-assembled
Cylinders that may during normal use lose all gas pressure above ambient when under water, such as side-mount, bail-out, marker buoy, buoyancy compensator and suit inflation cylinders are at a greater risk of water ingress and internal corrosion when empty. If fresh water is present in a cylinder this can mean the loss of more than 2 mm of the thickness of the cylinder wall within 6 months. This is increased to more than 5 mm in the presence of salt water. (Diving cylinder walls are generally between 2 and 5 mm thick). While testing of diving cylinder remains at 2.5 years for an internal visual amd 5 years for full hydrostatic test in the UK, a more frequent visual inspection by a certified test centre for suit inflation cylinders is recommended).
Recommended practice includes:
- Never allow suit inflation cylinder to fully empty underwater
- Storing cylinders with at least 2 bar of pressure in them
- Keeping/transporting any empty cylinder with valve closed
- Drying and capping valves when regulator is not attached
- Periodic check against moisture/water buildup in cylinder