All of our DIR starter packages are future-proof for twinset diving with the addition of a second 1st stage and a doubles wing.
The XDeep Zeos Deluxe + Apeks MTX-RC package is ideal for those who want the balanced trim of a genuine backplate+wing combination with the easy pinch-buckle setup of traditional jacket BCs to get in and out of.
Paired with the Apeks MTX-RC long hose regulator set, it is reliable and comfortable at any depth. It can easily be adapted to twinset diving with the addition of a second 1st stage and doubles wing.
Great value, future-proof high quality package for beginner to advanced divers.
THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
XDeep Zeos Deluxe Wing System
- Zeos Wing (28lbs or 38lbs lift)
- Steel or Ali Backplate
- Deluxe Harness
- 3D Mesh backplate and shoulder pads
- Inflator hose
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
- 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages
- MTX-RC first stage (DIN)
- 2.1m regulator hose
- 49cm regulator hose
- TEK SPG with HP hose
- Messager bag
XDeep Zeos Deluxe Wing System
The XDeep Zeos Deluxe single tank wing system is designed to be a more comfortable version of the Zeos (standard) with Nexus Quick Release Buckle pinch clips on each shoulder for ease of donning and doffing as well as comfort pads.
It is ideal for those who want the balanced trim of a genuine backplate+wing combination but one easier to get in and out of, similar to the pinch-buckle setup of traditional jacket BCs.
The Deluxe system is especially attractive for divers switching to “wings” from jacket BCs.
The XDeep Zeos Deluxe single tank wing system is designed to be a more comfortable version of the Zeos (standard) with Nexus Quick Release Buckle pinch clips on each shoulder for ease of donning and doffing and comfort pads (XDeep 3D Mesh Backplate and Shoulder Pads which provide exceptional comfort while being neutrally buoyant and incompressible.)
It is ideal for those who want the balanced trim of a genuine backplate+wing combination but one easier to get in and out of, similar to the pinch-buckle setup of traditional jacket BCs. The Deluxe system is especially attractive divers switching to “wings” from jacket BCs who want to avoid a ‘continuous loop’ harness setup without clips and/or for rib divers who tend to dekit in the the water.
The System weight is 3.5kg (add 2kg for SS backplate) and it comes with two lift options.
The ZEOS 28 wing with 13Kg of lift provides females and adventurers with a smaller build or height with a great solution. The 28 version is also suitable for warm water Ali tank diving.
The ZEOS 38 has additional streamlined and balanced lift, providing 17Kg of upward thrust to divers looking for that extra reserve, but who still demand a neat and tidy configuration.
Choose between beautifully engineered steel or aluminium backplates
The ZEOS steel backplate eliminates the need for lead at the waist and enhances your balance and trim, especially in cold water conditions where extra weight is best distributed across your body.
The ZEOS aluminium backplate works well in warm water diving where the additional weight is not needed or if you travel often to explore the wonders the world offers.
The fully adjustable harness is equipped with tough ITW Nexus buckles made of polyacetal, a material impervious to salt water and extreme temperatures. Able to be quickly and easily configured to just about any body shape, there is no better way of getting the perfect fit.
DIR Regulator Set – Apeks MTX-RC
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
Apeks MTX-RC 1st Stages
Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel
- Tested for Octopus use – EN250A to 60 metres cold water
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union)
Apeks MTX-RC 2nd Stages
Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves. Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever
- Large purge button
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece