The Hollis HD-200 BC which promises comfort, function and durability is one of the newest systems to come out on the market and could be a winner among jacket enthusiasts who expect somewhat better trim with buoyancy control & floatation spread primarily on the back.
The popularity of wings (back mounted Buoyancy Compensators) among recreational and technical divers has driven leading manufacturers to blend together the comfort, ease and durability of a traditional jacket type BC and an integrated back-mounted bladder. The Hollis HD200 which promises comfort, function and durability is one of the newest systems to come out on the market and could be a winner among jacket enthusiasts who expect somewhat better trim with buoyancy control & floatation spread primarily on the back.
Slip this on a single cylinder with its integrated bands and… well…. you’ll still be wearing a jacket but this time the floatation will be in a more diver-friendly back position, allowing better trim and greater comfort.
Back mount jacket type BC’s differ from wings in that the bladder system is integrated, they generally utilise lightweight backplates (as opposed to aluminium or steel), they have quick release weight and side pockets as opposed to the no-restriction no-pocket approach of real wings and the positions of D-rings are more or less set unlike the full user adjustability of wings.
Back mount BC jackets generally utilise a number of quick release clips as opposed to the continuous-loop (no break point) harnesses that wing systems have embraced over years of experience and require individuals to select a certain size (and stick to that size with whatever they are wearing) unlike the one-size-fits-all concept of “adjustable” genuine wings. If you are looking for a single tank wing system instead, check out our recreational wings.
- Lift: 16kg bladder S & M sizes / 20.5kg bladder L & XL sizes
- 1000 denier Cordura TM w/ PU lamination outer shell
- 15mm urethane internal bladder
- Contoured, lightweight backpack, lumbar support
- Large zippered pockets on both sides
- Knife mounting grommets on both side pockets
- System weight: 9.4lbs (4.3kg)
- Traditional 2” waist strap with Stainless buckle
- 2.27kg non-dumpable rear weight pockets
- Adjustable shoulder straps with quick release buckles
- 2 Shoulder D-Rings, 2 Hip D-Rings & 4 rear D-Rings
- 4.5kg quick release weight pockets with new pinch and pull buckle
- 2” Nylon waist strap with quick release buckle and 2” SS d-ring
5’2″ – 5’7″
120 – 155
30 – 40″
30 – 38″
5’7″ – 5’11”
150 – 185
34 – 44″
32 – 40″
5’11” – 6’2″
180 – 210
38 – 48″
34 – 42″
6’2″ – 6’5″
195 – 240
40 – 50″
38 – 46″